Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Southeast Missouri State University
||Cape Girardeau, MO United States
|| Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Vice President for Finance and Administration|
Vice President for Finance & Administration
Southeast Missouri State University, a dynamic and competitive regional public comprehensive institution located in Cape Girardeau, Missouri invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Finance & Administration. The Vice President for Finance & Administration (VPFA) is the University’s chief financial officer and reports directly to the President and serves as a member of the President’s Executive Staff. The VPFA serves as the Treasurer of the Board of Regents and as Treasurer of the Southeast Missouri University Foundation, and maintains institutional policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Regents.
The University’s FY2019-20 operating budget totals approximately $174 million. Annual audited financial statements for the University and its related foundation may be found at https://semo.edu/controller/financial_reports.html.
Currently, the VPFA has executive oversight over a broad range of areas, including the following:
Budget Office, whose responsibilities include for the University Operating Budget, University Auxiliary Budget, Budget Review Committee, Annual Operating Budget Request and the Online Accounting/Budgeting System;
Controller, whose responsibilities include Accounting Services, Accounts Payable, External Auditing, and Purchasing;
Facilities Management, whose responsibilities include Central Receiving/Mail Room, Custodial/Grounds/Special Services, Maintenance, and the University’s Boiler Plant;
Information Technology, whose responsibilities include Telecommunications, Campus Infrastructure, User Services, Academic Technologies, and Application Services;
Human Resources, whose responsibilities include Employment, Payroll, Benefits, Employee Relations, and Training and Development;
Public Safety and Transit, whose responsibilities include Emergency Operations, Parking Services, Public Safety, and Transit Services;
Student Financial Services, whose responsibilities include Billing Services and Financial Aid;
Show Me Center, which is the University’s multipurpose event arena; and
In execution of these duties, the VPFA has extensive, daily contact with the campus community; and periodic contact with the general public, legislators and legislative staff, as well as Local, State and Federal officials and regulatory agencies.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Master's degree or above in a discipline relevant to the position preferably with an additional credential such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor
• Experience in financial planning, budgeting, audit or treasury functions
• Senior-level experience in a broad variety of management areas, preferably in an institution of higher education. Experience must include several of the responsible areas (budgeting, human resources, information technology, capital projects, facilities management, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and maintaining compliance with state and federal laws, such as employment & labor law, tax law, IRS regulations, OSHA, etc.
• Proven record of success in planning, problem solving and ability to think proactively, creatively, and strategically
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop staff, and sustain good relationships with professional colleagues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multicultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
For a complete position profile, please visit: https://semo.edu/hr/vice-president-finance.html.
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by February 14, 2020. The new VPFA is to assume the position on June 1, 2020, or as soon thereafter as is possible.
Applications and nominations are to be submitted in confidence to Holly Bauwens, Assistant Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, submit the following items:
• Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
• Current curriculum vitae
• Statement of leadership philosophy
• Names, emails, and current phone numbers of five professional references (references will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate)
Southeast Missouri State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
|Contact Name:||Holly Bauwens|
Southeast Missouri State University|
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with five colleges and schools, approximately 11,000 students, and a faculty and staff of approximately 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Its intercollegiate athletics program is classified NCAA Division I and the University is a member of the Ohio Valley Conference.