Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||University of Iowa-Athletics
||Iowa City, IA United States
|| Sports and Recreation
Assistant Volleyball Coach|
The University of Iowa Department of Athletics seeks a self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the knowledge, ability and interpersonal skills required to serve as Assistant Volleyball Coach. This is a 100% full-time (at-will and FLSA exempt) position with full University of Iowa benefits; salary is commensurate with education and experience and relevant salary market data.
The Assistant Volleyball Coach will assist the head coach in the management and coaching of an NCAA Division I women’s volleyball program. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with operations management (e.g., program development, schedule, camps, marketing, public relations), recruiting (domestic and international), overseeing and planning the development of the defensive system, conducting individual workouts, and other duties as assigned. This position requires frequent travel, work in the evenings, on weekends and holidays.
The University of Iowa is an NCAA Division I Power Five institution and a member of the Big Ten Conference. The Department of Athletics manages 24 varsity sports programs and related events with a workforce of approximately 225 regular employees and 450 temporary employees. Athletics is a people-centric organization that operates under a “Win. Graduate. Do It Right.” philosophy.
Benefits Highlights: Excellent fringe benefit package including paid vacation and sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
Visit our website at https://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for keywords “Assistant Coach”. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a “Relevant File” to the submission. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be accepted. Successful candidates will be subject to a credential and criminal background check. Five professional references will be required at a later step in the recruitment process.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent);
• Three years of NCAA Division I or II collegiate volleyball coaching experience;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as demonstrated through public speaking engagements, clinician experience, and/or use of effective and creative training/coaching techniques;
• Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships;
• Extensive knowledge of and ability to: a) effectively teach technical and tactical strategies in defensive systems; b) effectively communicate with and successfully recruit national caliber student-athletes; c) utilize basic office productivity software, online database systems, and digital video software for scouting and analysis; and d) operate effectively within a highly regulated team environment.
• A valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet and maintain University of Iowa Driving Policy standards.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of the professionalism and intensity necessary to successfully contribute to a Division I athletics program;
• Volleyball playing experience at the collegiate or professional level;
• Working knowledge of and ability to: a) utilize video analysis systems and effectively implement new technologies to the training environment; b) develop and manage social media websites.
• Demonstrated proficiency and ability to: a) utilize an online recruiting database such as Front Rush and University Athlete (please specify); and b) maintain productive, long-term relationships with staff, students, prospect’s coaches, and patrons.
University of Iowa-Athletics|
The University of Iowa is a Big Ten, nationally ranked research university with 30,000 students located in Iowa City. A vibrant community boasting excellent public schools, safe, comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, a highly educated population, and numerous cultural, recreational and sporting opportunities and events contribute to the Iowa City area frequently appearing high on the best-places-to-live listings. Go to https://jobs.uiowa.edu/working-at-iowa to learn more.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.