Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring a resourceful, creative, and dedicated Multimedia Designer join the Online Learning Team.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and producing engaging, accessible multimedia presentations and learning objects in multiple formats (audio, video, graphics, photos, animations, etc); work collaboratively with instructional designers, faculty, and staff in order to take projects from concept to creation; create and presents narratives in innovative and compelling ways; provides support for production and post-production of multimedia assets for online and hybrid courses; trains others on multimedia basics; stays current with the latest multimedia trends and technologies; has deep knowledge of accessibility requirements and can evaluate for accessibility.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An Associate's degree from an accredited institution in graphic arts, digital media, or a related field.
- Skilled in utilizing industry standard software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, SoftChalk, Apple Final Cut Pro, Kaltura, WavePad, Audacity, etc.
- Progressively responsible experience in multimedia design and production as demonstration by a portfolio.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please Click Here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Orlando, FL 32835 - District Office
* This position is not classified as online, remote or
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Distance Learning
Closing Date: Wednesday August 12, 2020 at 7:00 pm EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.