Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring a resourceful, passionate and dedicated Recruiter to join our Accelerated Skills Training Program Team.
The Recruiter for the Accelerated Training Skills Programs will design and implement recruiting marketing strategies design to attract students and employers to our short term training programs. In this role you will recruit and work with students who are interested in construction trades (core construction, masonry, carpentry, heavy equipment operation, apartment maintenance technician, electrical power line technician, welding, and from re-entry programs held inside the Orange County Jail. This position will be responsible for all applicable paperwork required by the grant in addition to the details included in the job description.
This position is grant funded position for the Workforce Recovery Training Program, which is part of a Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery from Hurricane Irma. This grant is funded by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The timeframe for the position will be in effect from June 2020 until June 2023.
We're not just any college. And you're just not any employee. You're someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our community, and, ultimately, our world.
Join an organization committed to helping students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools, and the right support. Take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (required); Master’s degree preferred
- At least three years’ experience in designing, managing, and implementing, marketing targeted to students, employers, or community partners
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) skills (preferred)
- Excellent multitasking abilities and aptitude
- Ability to design and develop tools for students with career maps, workforce placement, and employment skills and provide career coaching.
- Experience organizing and developing marketing initiatives for outreach activities for potential students, employers and community partners.
- Capacity to positively and rapidly adapt to change in the work environment
- A demonstrated commitment to equity an inclusion and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
- Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location:Orlando, FL 32825 - School of Public Safety
*This position is not classified as online, remote or virtual.
Salary: $47,722 to $57,863
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing Date: Open until filled
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all