||Louisville, KY United States
|| Accounting/Auditing, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Research & Development, Web Technology
Accounts Receivable Representative
Job LocationUSA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting TitleAccounts Receivable Representative
The ChallengeAsk anyone at GE Appliances and they’ll tell you they work with some of the best people in the world – people who would excel anywhere, but who choose to work here. Why? Because they thrive on challenges. Because they take pride in our products. Because they relish the chance to work alongside other extraordinary people.
We are looking for an Account Receivable Representative to join our GE Appliances Finance team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with customers to ensure timely payment in order to minimize past due receivables as well as to collaborate with customers, sales department, distribution, operations, and other teams to identify and resolve issues preventing payment This is a fast-paced role and an early career position with the opportunity to grow within the Finance Organization
What you will Do
- Work with customers to ensure timely payment in order to minimize past due receivables.
- Collaborate with customers, sales department, distribution, operations, and other teams to identify and resolve issues preventing payment.
- Determine next steps in the collection process when faced with a challenging situation, including but not limited to internal escalation.
- Develop and sustain cooperative relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders through email and phone communication.
- Utilize MS Excel and Access for customer account research, statement creation, and account reconciliation.
- Utilize customer or 3rd party web portals for research and resolution of past due invoices and deductions.
- Research unapplied cash and credits, and reconcile with customer invoices or deductions.
- Understand customer billing requirements and follow process accordingly to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Work with various departments to resolve customer disputes and to address process issues causing disputes.
- Review and release orders adhering to established company policies and procedures. Engage Risk and Sales teams when orders exceed allowed limits.
What you need to Succeed
- Associates degree or experience in collections, accounts receivables, accounting/financial services, or customer service/call center setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Previous Accounts Receivable and/or Customer Service experience
- Proven analytical, negotiation, and influencing skill
- Accountable and willing to take initiative
- Proficiency in MS Access
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.