Engineering Lab Technician
Job LocationUSA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting TitleEngineering Lab Technician
The ChallengeGE Appliances, Haier corporation is hiring for a Prototyping/Fixture/Machining Engineering Technician technician in Louisville, KY
What you will Do
- Design & Complete test fixtures/prototypes, subsystems or appliances per engineering specifications. Use in-depth technical expertise of fixtures/prototype materials/machines/processes, to determine appropriate methodology to fulfill the request.
- Work with Rapid Prototyping Center (RPC) on injection molding and build projects.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Comfortable with computer and Microsoft Office
What you need to Succeed
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience in the following:
- Injection Molding experience (Tool Design, CNC Machining, Injection Press Operation
- Experience with mills, lathes, CNC, brazing, welders and other prototyping equipment
- Proficient in at least one CAD/CAM system (Creo, Solid Works, Fusion 360) to use with some design work
- Knowledge of sealed systems
- Physically able to move large home appliances with assistance
- Universal refrigerant certification
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.