Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Consulting Services, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Law Enforcement, and Security, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
GPS Engagement Financial Analyst, Consultant|
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
GPS Engagement Financial Advisors - Consultant
GPS EFA Practice:
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) Engagement Financial Advisor (EFA) Practice is comprised of finance professionals specializing in project and account financial management serving as a focal point for aspects of engagement, program, and account financial management control. EFA provides financial management knowledge for the entire engagement management team(s) by owning all financial reporting and analysis for engagements and accounts. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes both to individual projects and to client accounts. GPS EFA specializes in serving Deloitte's Higher Education, federal, state and local government clients. The Government and Public Services consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and Government & Public Services industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Work You Will Do:
GPS EFA Consultants are responsible for leading one or more engagement teams through successful management of the financial analysis and the implementation of engagement financial management controls. On any given assignment, a GPS EFA Consultant may be responsible for the following activities:
- Prepare budgets and forecasts and review baselines to project and track financial metrics such as revenue, costs, and profitability.
- Take part in lifecycle of engagements including set up, revenue recognition and compliance, monthly accounting close, monitor funding, process vendor invoices, support procurement and billing/collection activities, and facilitate engagement closeout.
- Interact periodically with senior level internal, and sometimes external, clients to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide engagement financial advice.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, Federal regulations and guidelines and contractual requirements
- Additional financial analyses including reconciliations and variance analysis
- Understand and utilize standard processes for engagement financial management, quality management, and risk management
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall GPS EFA Practice through active involvement in a practice initiative
Our GPS EFA practice supports engagement teams in supporting the requirements our Account team's contract to perform. We help to analyze staffing and other forecast items using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for engagements' phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients' projects on track and on cost.
- B.A./B.S from a four-year accredited university and 3 years of relevant experience or Business Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economic or related discipline and 2 year's of relevant experience
- Business Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with 2 year's of relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 year's experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to travel 10-25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price).
- Business Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economic or related discipline
- Experience in a federal professional service environment; consulting experience is a plus
- Experience in working and collaborating with international and remote teams
- Experience with MS Access and MS Project applications
- Experience with Deltek's Cost Point
- If hired by GPS EFA and assigned to the GPS EFA Deference, Security, and Justice sector, the candidate must be a US Citizen.