Director of Finance & Administration|
The Director of Finance & Administration position is responsible for all finance and accounting operations as well as the administrative functions of the theater. This position leads these functions in a cohesive and elegant way, maximizing company growth & value creation through operational efficiency, optimal allocation of resources, and pro-active risk management. The Director of Finance & Administration serves as a member of the theater’s senior staff.
• To acknowledge, understand, and demonstrate a commitment to the Theater’s racial justice efforts by applying anti-racism tools and practices to individual and departmental processes and systems, and to contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and engagement with persons of all cultures, identities, and backgrounds (for more information see www.ppt.org/racialjustice).
• To model and practice the values of artistic excellence, joyful collaboration, and resolute respect—especially when faced with challenges—through constructive, clear, solution-focused communication with fellow staff, supervisors, guest artists, and any other individual involved in the work at hand.
• Oversees all financial operations of the theater.
• Oversees all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Oversees program & grant accounting to ensure proper compliance requirements are fulfilled, and provides financial reporting information for grant reports.
• Partners with senior management in guiding financial decisions and achieving company goals.
• Manages budgets and controls expenses.
• Manages and improves month-end close activities.
• Prepares and presents a monthly forecast to the Managing Director, Artistic Director, and the Audit & Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
• Presents detailed financial information to the Audit & Finance Committee on a quarterly basis.
• Collaborates with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
• Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls, policies, and procedures.
• Assists with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
• Prepares financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Maintains and tracks all endowment activity and reconciles all bank statements.
• Manages banking relationships, cash positions, and investments.
• Manages the Accounting Team.
• Develops budget scenario plans and optimizes financial reporting in partnership with the theater’s third-party accounting consultant.
• Oversees the general ledger and approves all journal entries entered into the accounting system.
• Accesses and manages cash flow scenario of the theater on a weekly basis and advises senior management on status.
• Prepares fixed asset reconciliation documentation for the annual financial audits.
• Prepares depreciation schedule for the fiscal year budget.
• Manages the human resources department and assists the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator with the onboarding of new staff.
• Coordinates and manages the theater’s insurance policies along with the theater’s third party consultant.
• Coordinates and manages the theater’s computer network and information technology services along with a third party consultant.
• Acts as organizational liaison in regard to business matters with various production unions (AEA, SDC, USA, IATSE)
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree with a specialization in accounting or finance.
• 7+ years of progressive financial and accounting leadership.
• Strong Microsoft Excel Skills.
• Non-profit sector experience preferred.
• HR and IT experience preferred.
Salary starts at $85,000 plus benefits, including health, dental, & vision insurance and paid vacation, holiday, personal, & sick time
Interested applicants should please send resume and cover letter to Lou Castelli at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Director of Finance & Administration”
Pittsburgh Public Theater is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.