Sales & Audience Development Manager|
The purpose of the Sales & Audience Development Manager is to advance the mission of Pittsburgh Public Theater by converting a high level of sales through data-driven means and thoughtful relationship-building, seeking opportunities to increase The Public’s audience regional reach.
General Description of Position
To perform all functions and duties associated with Sales and Audience Development on behalf of Pittsburgh Public Theater, including the management and extraction of data in Tessitura, Tessitura Analytics and Prospect2; cultivation of group sales such as social, student, and corporate groups, and management of events, parties, tours, and added value pre- and post-show programming designed to cultivate ticket sales. The Sales & Audience Development Manager works directly with the Director of Marketing on strategizing and implementing campaigns to increase ticket sales and audience diversity, and with the Director of Education and Engagement on Open Stage Student Matinees and special programming for audience development and engagement. The position works with Development staff to coordinate joint initiatives and fulfill corporate sponsor benefits. The Sales & Audience Development Manager supervises the front of house staff, caterers, and other vendors as they relate to pre- and post-show programming efforts. Lastly, the position satisfactorily performs all additional assigned duties as delegated by management.
• To acknowledge, understand, and demonstrate a commitment to the Theater’s racial justice efforts by applying anti-racism tools and practices to individual and departmental processes and systems, and to contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and engagement with persons of all cultures, identities, and backgrounds (for more information see www.ppt.org/racialjustice).
• To model and practice the values of artistic excellence, joyful collaboration, and resolute respect—especially when faced with challenges—through constructive, clear, solution-focused communication with fellow staff, supervisors, guest artists, and any other individual involved in the work at hand.
Position Functions and Responsibilities
• Develop and reach group sales ticket and revenue goals.
• Create and implement group sales outreach and marketing plan.
• Cultivate ticket sales with existing and new customers in all relevant target markets, including but not limited to Board member contacts, regional tourism, senior/retirement communities, students, community organizations, university faculty/staff, corporate employers, industry, young professionals, new residents, health care sector, technology sector, faith-based organizations, etc.
• Maintain expert knowledge of Tessitura ticketing software, including Tessitura Analytics, and Prospect2 automation software.
• Create and send email communication to targeted group contacts on a regular basis via Prospect2 email platform.
• Prepare sales contracts, coordinate group ticketing needs, and manage timely payment for all group sales arrangements.
• Coordinate creation and/or delivery of promotional materials
• Create targeted marketing events and presentations, both on and off-site, in conjunction with main stage productions, maximizing ticket sales opportunities with current and prospective audiences.
• Cultivate and execute specialty programming, such as Sips & Scripts, Donut Saturday, Wednesday Wine and others; and create new opportunities when appropriate to engage target audiences. Also, perform the duties associated with sales events, special events and/or facility rentals. Occasional night, weekend, and holiday hours required.
• To manage front of house staff, maintenance staff, and catering staff required for implementing pre- and post-show events.
• Represent The Public at all Shared Services Group Sales monthly meetings and participate in joint efforts promoting the Cultural District, including Destination: Greater Pittsburgh (D:GP), Visit Pittsburgh, and others as needed.
• Work with the Development staff to further relationships with corporate sponsors, increasing awareness of The Public and its offerings by providing special offers to sponsors’ employees and, when possible, selling tickets on-site at their offices.
• Assist Director of Marketing with outreach efforts to PPT subscribers and new audience members as needed.
• Assist Director of Marketing and Marketing Coordinator with social media as needed.
• Assist Box Office Manager with Tessitura-related work as necessary.
• Engage in ongoing training to increase skillset in such areas as Tessitura, Prospect2, InstantEncore (smart phone application), and equity and racial justice best practices.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Experience with sales strategy, execution, and reporting
• Intermediate+ knowledge of Tessitura or similar CRM
• Intermediate+ knowledge of email marketing and/or automation platform such as Prospect2, Mail2, Constant Contact, etc.
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; expert copy editor and proofreader
• Must be computer-savvy, and able to understand basic website management of Group Sales web pages
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel, and Google Suite
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Excellent active listening skills and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
• Interest in and/or appreciation of theater is helpful
Successfully meeting the physical demands listed below are also essential functions of this job.
• Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds preferred for events purposes
• Occasional nights and weekends will be required
• Participate and cooperate in all training efforts as requested by your employer.
• Full COVID-19 vaccination required, barring a legal exception
Salary starts at $45,000 plus benefits, including health, dental, & vision insurance and paid vacation, holiday, personal, & sick time.
Pittsburgh Public Theater is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.