Software Developer I|
Founded in 2002, Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive, not simply struggle to get by, in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. Operation Homefront is sourcing candidates for a Software Developer I position in San Antonio, TX.
The Software Developer I analyzes, designs, and coordinates the development of software systems, analyzes business requirements, and engineers technical solutions. This position conducts analyses of current programs including performance diagnostics, and troubleshoots and designs solutions to problematic programming.
Primary job duties include:
• Modifying existing software to correct errors, adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance with the guidance of Senior Developers
• Creating, editing, and debugging new software for assigned projects, including necessary records and desired output
• Creating, editing, and debugging software for automating manual organizational processes
• Supporting and maintaining new and legacy systems and client databases, preparing reports or documentation concerning project specifications, activities, or status
• Conducting system analysis to keep systems current with changing technologies
• Performs other duties as assigned
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, and education verification.
Qualifications & Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred
• 0-3 years of experience in developing production websites, interpreting and applying computer languages, working with data structure, and applying advanced computer logic and flow-charting
• Microsoft .NET certification a plus