Sea-Bird Scientific - Service Technician II|
A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Scientific (www.seabird.com) is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Sea-Bird Scientific is the worlds largest developer and manufacturer of products for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic parameters in marine waters. We offer products to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented.
Working at Sea-Bird Scientific gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities. Sea-Bird Scientific is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?
About the role:
This role will be fully onsite in our Bellevue location. Several locations have been listed for marketing purposes but only one position is available in Bellevue.
We are currently seeking to hire a Service Technician II. This role provides high quality repair and preventive maintenance services for Sea-Bird Scientific equipment. Reporting to the Service Supervisor, this role will be responsible for delivering outstanding quality on time, identifying, and implementing process improvements, and works collaboratively with Service Technicians I, II, and III.
Our ideal candidate will be an agile learner with a strong customer focus who enjoys being part of and building an effective team. A Successful Service Technician II is able to identify and help implement innovative process improvements required to meet or exceed the departments Key Performance Indicators.
- Demonstrate understanding of electronic theory and mechanical skills to troubleshoot, and/or repair instrumentation and components
- Develop and maintain Standard Work, daily management routines and goals, and cross-training matrix
- Perform sophisticated circuit board repairs that may include soldering, wiring, replacement of inoperative electrical and/or mechanical parts
- Help support a teamwork-oriented culture to ensure that all service to customer- or company-owned equipment is completed accurately according to specification, efficiently, and on time
- Quickly Cross-train on new tasks and new instrument families
- Use lean manufacturing concepts to help plan and implement continuous process improvements
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Proven working level of mechanical proficiency and ability to read and interpret sophisticated drawings, schematic and wiring diagrams
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.