Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Bellevue, WA US
|| Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Writing/Authoring
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit, unified adult cancer care and research center that is clinically integrated with UW Medicine, a world leader in clinical care, research and learning. The first National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in the Pacific Northwest, Fred Hutch’s global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy, and COVID-19 vaccines has confirmed our reputation as one of the world’s leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy, and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world’s deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
The Team Coordinator is a member of the care service team and acts as a professional liaison for patients and families, care providers, as well as other SCCA departments. The role uses critical thinking skills to facilitate and operationalize complex scheduling requests through heavy use of multiple computer systems. #ZR
- Schedules all patient appointments related to treatment within the SCCA as well as outside consults and referrals. Coordinates scheduling with other departments to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Works closely with patients, families, visitors, providers and staff to identify needs, answer questions, resolve problems, provide information and follow up.
- Communicates with providers (physicians, therapists, etc.) technologists, and nurses regarding the patient's scheduling needs, treatment schedule, and additional requests. Notifies appropriate parties as needed.
- Manages and prioritizes scheduling requests.
- Recognizes emergency situations and initiates correct code procedures.
- Supports the overall function of the department, and may be required to take on additional duties such as cross coverage, special projects, etc.
- Assists with the training of new staff
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of customer service experience
- Ability to work independently, organizing, and prioritizing concurrent responsibilities and demands.
- Ability to work in a high pressure, time-sensitive, and complex health care environment.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and empathy in an emotionally challenging environment.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to build relationships while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Coping skills.
- Ability to work independently, organize, and prioritize concurrent responsibilities and demands.
- Ability to use a mouse, navigate computer programs, and use email in a business setting.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to identify and triage issues appropriately.
- Attention to detail to ensure scheduling accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS)
- Previous medical office/hospital experience coordinating physician appointments and patient services
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Bilingual skills
- Prior experience utilizing an electronic medical record system and/or an automated scheduling system
SCCA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, and there are no exceptions for any employee who is patient-facing and/or requires access to SCCA facilities.
Exceptions exist only for employees whose positions are fully remote, with no required access to campus. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees requiring access to campus must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!