Microsoft Teams Engineer|
Visa Corporate IT has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our operational functions into a single area focused on providing world class operational support to our end users. Additionally, we are moving our engineering teams into a new organization with a mindset focused on delivering projects\solutions in a more efficient manner. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering support for the services we're responsible for. As a member of the End User Technology team, the Staff Systems Engineering position is responsible for ensuring our end users receive the best Voice, Video & Conferencing experience possible. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and evolving global team that is driving the charge to ensure that Visa is not only the best way to pay but also the best place to work with state of the art end user technology and solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Unified Communications, this role provides Engineering & Support to our global users, for Microsoft Teams Voice, Video & Conferencing related services out of our Ashburn, Virginia office. The successful candidate will work to deliver an outstanding customer experience working with our latest technologies that cover Live Event Support, Streaming, Video Conferencing, AV Enterprise Voice and calling. The candidate will collaborate with engineering, operations and development teams to ensure that the end user experience is exceptional. Eliminating repeat incidents and avoidable issues, while ensuring 100% uptime, with properly supported solutions. The desire is to evolve these resources to be able to provide engineering input, strategic guidance, architectural design and various other services using Microsoft Teams.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide Engineering and Operational support, setup of live events virtually, locally in the Ashburn Virginia office and throughout North America when needed
- Plan, deploy and provide ongoing operations for the following products and services: MS Teams, MTR’s, Appspace digital signage, encoders, elementals and video conferencing endpoints.
- Assist in the production of webcast / video streaming and video conference global meetings, cultural events and training seminars.
- Occasionally perform break fix duties to replace broken conference room components such as microphones, switchers, monitors, codecs or room kits when needed.
- Help administer MS Teams, Conferencing policies, DID and dial plans for customers who have soft phones and physical phones
- Assist in the creation of design documents when needed, evaluate and test new and evolving technologies for performance and cost benefits
- Provide third level problem resolution support as necessary to achieve voice/video network and system service level commitments. In addition, provide limited second tier technical support that may require periodic 24X7 immediate response times.
- Build and maintain relationships with global teams and third parties with regard to deployment or support issues.
- Provide technical consultancy to operations, engineering team members and end users to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Work in Service now to address team tickets, action and close them out within agreed resolution times
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements, provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts and maintain system security for voice and video systems.
- Provide basic project coordination for in-house projects to ensure they adhere to company policy, are completed on time and within budget, meet the deliverables of the project while following change control procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully with diverse cultures while accommodating global time zone constraints.