Sea-Bird Scientific - Test Technician II|
A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Scientific (www.seabird.com) is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Sea-Bird Scientific is the worlds largest developer and manufacturer of products for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic parameters in marine waters. We offer products to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented.
Working at Sea-Bird Scientific gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities. Sea-Bird Scientific is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?
About the role:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide testing and assembly using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures, jigs, test equipment and work instructions to test components, sub-assemblies, or instruments to ensure performance standards. Test Technician IIs have developed a set of skills to cover a wide range of products or processes. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals!
This role will be 100% onsite based in Bellevue, WA. Please note, multiple locations have been listed for marketing purposes but only one position is available.
- Perform quality pre-checks on components and parts required to complete a job
- Follow detailed instructions in different formats (i.e., drawings, schematics, bills of material, internal procedures, or some combination thereof), and report work completed daily
- Perform quality checks on completed assemblies, as needed
- Interpret some test results and evaluate some data independently, with limited oversight
- Recognize and report problems with quality, processes, equipment, or materials to Manufacturing Lead, Supervisor or Operations Manager, and assist with complex troubleshooting
Are you qualified:
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of work experience in electronics (i.e., electro-mechanical skills, including troubleshooting)
- Ability to read, interpret, and use engineering drawings and schematics
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.