Lead Audit Manager - Capital Audit Team|
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Audit Manager on the Capital Audit Team which focuses on oversight of capital management and compliance with supervisory guidance and internal policy. The team provides advice and offers credible challenge to business partners regarding the effectiveness of the control environment, business trends, issues, and operating and regulatory environment changes related to capital management. Â
In this role, you will:
- Perform auditor-in-charge and supervisory role for the most complex assigned audits within one or more segments of the Audit Plan.
- Lead execution of the integrated audit process
- Participate in audits in accordance with Wells Fargo Internal Audit policy
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge and understanding across multiple businesses or develops knowledge in a critical subject matter area
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical, and regulatory environment across multiple businesses or develop excellent subject matter knowledge in critical areas of the business
- Write opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions
- Escalate significant risks and loss exposures to appropriate levels of management
- Ensure documentation and reporting are ready for review by managers and more experienced managers
- Demonstrate credible challenge
- Evaluate and provide appropriate solutions for complex problems
- Lead multiple concurrent projects that are generally moderate to large in size and moderate to high in complexity
- Identify and assess key risks and controls and develop effective test plans for engagements as assigned with limited guidance
- Present audit results in an objective and unbiased manner
- Exhibit appropriate judgment regarding issue notification, issue draft findings to client management, and draft final audit reports
- Develop and maintain excellent business relationships within Internal Audit and with teams companywide
May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentive awards.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Audit, Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit projects or engagements
- Experience with Issue Validation and Remediation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in risk and control identification/assessment
- Knowledge and experience in capital markets, stress testing, credit risk, market risk, counterparty credit risk, trading risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, treasury, capital management, pre-provision net revenue, BASEL, or interest rate risk.Â
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Pay Range$111,100.00 - $197,500.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.