Risk Analytics Consultant - Consumer Small Business Banking|
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Risk Analytics Consultant to join the Consumer Small Business Banking Credit Risk team to improve risk strategies in multiple areas (reporting, analytics, process optimizations) by performing various complex activities related to portfolio analytics in the loss mitigation area, customer behavior trends and describing the cause of change in performance to inform sound decision-making.
Other duties may include learning about the many aspects of portfolio analytics such as segmenting and monitoring various credit, deposit and other product groups, vintages, concentration limits, etc. and make recommendations to management based on those trends. Additionally, you may provide quantitative support of credit risk policy through analysis and impact assessment of prospective policy changes by leveraging innovative tools to collect, transform, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data across multiple data environments to provide predictive and perspective analysis. Also, you may produce performance monitoring and benchmarks to capture performance on mix, delinquency trends, losses and overall profitability.
In this role, you will:
- Review and analyze programing models to extract data, and manipulate databases to provide statistical and financial modeling, and exercise independent judgment to guide new and existing projects with medium risk deliverables.
- Participate in analysis and modeling initiatives, and identify opportunity for process production, data reconciliation, and model documentation improvements within Risk Management.
- Coordinate and consolidate the production of monthly, quarterly, annual performance reports and ad hoc analysis packages monitoring portfolio performance and collections trends and for presentation to senior management.
- Present recommendations for resolving data reconciliation, production, and database issues.
- Exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in policy governance, risk projects, and regulatory requests.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, managers, experienced managers, compliance, including various lines of business.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Risk Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Experience and proficiency with data mining, data manipulation and programming using SAS, SQL, Python, R and Tableau.
- Advanced degree in quantitative discipline such as economics, statistics, operations research, etc.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills in working with time series and multiple sources of data in various formats and size.
- Ability to gather, analyze, package, and present analytical findings in an insightful, clear and logical manner to senior management.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, performance-orientation, and strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships.
- 401 S. Tryon St â Charlotte, NC
- 600 S. 4th St â Minneapolis, MN
- 7001 Westown Pkwy â West Des Moines, IA
- 1150 W. Washington St â Tempe, AZ
- 114 N. Beaumont St â St Louis, MO
- 1445 Ross Ave â Dallas, TX
- 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
- 3440 Walnut Ave â Fremont, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.