Senior Lead Enterprise Risk Officer - Consumer and Small Business|
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Enterprise Risk Officer to report directly to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) for the Deposit Products Group.Â The individuals selected for these opportunities will align with the Consumer and Small Business (CSBB) organization and oversee the Deposit Product Group.Â The opening will align to the following group:
- Deposit Group Strategy and Key Initiatives. Â Aligned to various DPG business groups/leaders responsible for oversight of strategic deposit initiatives, focused on/related to customer satisfaction, lowering deposit cost to serve, and decreasing residual risk/meeting regulatory commitments.Â Oversee Mass Market segment strategy, deposit strategic plan and business plan that supports all segments. Advise/mature key DPG risk reduction enabler, including issues management, remediation, redress and customer complaints and cross-DPG quality assurance, policy execution and governance.
In addition to primary accountability for aligned business groups, Senior Lead Enterprise Risk Officer may be accountable for oversight of cross-deposit and/or other key functions such as business strategy, strategic partnerships, risk policy or programs â and/or deposit CRO initiatives or management functions that cut across the business groups, contribute to CSBB CRO initiatives or advancement of the Wells Fargo CRO execution model.
The Senior Lead Enterprise Risk Officer will report directly to the Deposit Products Business Line Consumer and Small Business Banking CRO.Â These Senior Lead Enterprise Risk Officer will leverage their experience and knowledge of risk management, business functions, products and services to provide independent, holistic and oversight of the business risks.
In this role, you will:
- Act as an advisor to leadership to develop or influence enterprise risk, governance, reporting programs, plans, specifications, resources, and long term goals for highly complex business corporate governance risk programs and technical needs across multiple front lines with high risk for Enterprise Risk
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges for governance and reporting programs companywide
- Deliver solutions that are long term, large scale and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical and inductive thinking, and coordination of highly complex activities and guidance to others
- Provide vision, direction and expertise to more experienced leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions that are large-scale cross functional or companywide strategies
- Lead projects and mentor virtual teams, design, develop and deliver training
- Guide and direct the organization in terms of policies, effectiveness of companywide initiative execution, and reporting to the Board
- Engage and strategize with all levels of professionals and managers across the enterprise and serve as an expert advisor to leadership
- Partner with managers to deliver risk reporting to executive management, committees, and Board of Directors and assists in development of actionable insights
- Maintain internal partnership with the business and other business units, Audit, Legal, regulators, and industry partners on risk related topics
Required Qualifications, US:
- 7+ years of Risk Management experience (Compliance, Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Audit, Legal, Credit Risk, Market Risk, IT Systems Security, Business Process Management) or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 10+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or
- 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Strategic thinker
- Strong business and risk acumen
- Broad understanding of various risk types
- Knowledge and experience with end-to-end consumer and small business deposit products throughout both the product management and customer life-cycle.
- Understanding of channel interaction, segmentation, marketing, cost and revenue drivers; working knowledge of other consumer products and interdependencies preferred.
- Strong leadership experience
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to apply critical thinking in describing multiple risks into a single risk landscape
- Ability to develop and manage business relationships
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of ever-evolving regulatory environments and governance processes
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Oversee and actively manage risks within the risk appetite approved by the Operating Committee and the Board, oversee the continued refinement and/or development of appropriate controls within the Consumer Small Business Banking segment
- Advise CSBB senior leadership regarding appropriate operations policies and processes leveraging risk management metrics/business scorecard, track performance and monitor trends across the business
- Develop an aggregated holistic view of risks in the CSBB business segment. This includes an understanding across compliance risk, credit risk, operational risk, reputation risk, and strategic risk â both in aggregate and individually
- Identify and escalate risk and control issues to the Business Line CRO and CSBB Chief Risk Officer with transparency, in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.Â Â
- Lead the development of the strategic planning process to assess risks within business line; provide credible challenge to CSBB senior leadership Â
- Completion of emerging risk deep dives and understanding themes and trends across industry and competitor landscape
- Understand the risks within other businesses across the enterprise (i.e. WIM, CIB etc.); identify themes and partner with risk stripes to assess and mitigate any potential risks
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding new policy and guidelines interpretation
- Create risk presentations and present regularly to key stakeholders
- Drive the execution of remediation plans and regulatory commitments, as applicable
- Promote a strong risk management culture and discipline throughout the CSBB
- 401 S Tryon Street - Charlotte, NC
- 5000 Riverside Rd - Irving, TX
- 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
- 600 S 4th Street - Minneapolis, MN
- 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
- 114 N. Beaumont St - St Louis, MO
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.