Senior Software Engineer- Workday|
About this role:
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.Â Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Within EFT the Human Resource Information Technology (HRIT) team provides technology support for team member focused applications and processes, including payroll, benefits, learning and recruiting.Â We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be part of a HRIT development team responsible for supporting and maintaining Workday application.Â
In this role, you will:
- Analyzes highly complex business needs, designs for Workday SaaS application
- Configure Workday Security product and contribute as integration and reporting developer in Security space
- Support systems testing and the migration of technical solution to production.
- Lead effort to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Identify process improvement opportunities and provide consultation on development of new documentation, technical procedures to implement necessary process improvements.
- Assure BCP, quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversee creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Use diagnostic tools and/or analyze and use vendor specifications to troubleshoot Â configuration issues in Workday application to maintain or restore service or data to programs, or escalates as needed to meet established service level agreements
- Update and complete SDLC documentation and procedures.
- Provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years in Workday application configuration and development
- Experience supporting application to meet needs in security authorization and authentication domain and access provisioning
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- End-to-end design experience
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- 2+ year of Agile experience
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.