Director, Sales Engineering - Analytics Solutions|
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) is the externally-facing strategy consulting group of Visa. We draw on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, and pragmatic industry experience to develop fact-based recommendations to improve client performance. Our clients span the continuum of companies that participate in the payment card industry, to include financial institutions, merchants, fintechs, acquirers, and payment processors. VCA Managed Services is a suite of service offerings that together help drive the future growth of the organization, enabling our clients to implement the recommendations derived through strategic advisory engagements.
As the Director, Sales Engineering – Analytics Solutions, you will lead one of the core pillars of the VCA Managed Services offerings set. You will ideate, develop, and sell analytics services that leverage partner solutions, client data and capabilities, and the extraordinarily rich data sets that Visa derives from the more than 3 billion cards transacting on our network generating over 100 billion transactions each year. These services will accelerate client performance in marketing targeting, campaign measurement, and business strategy/opportunity identification. You will have a strong understanding of the insights and analytics competitive environment, leveraging that knowledge to position Visa more effectively and to identify/build partnerships for Visa. You are “a natural” in front of a range of client types and can use that skill set to tailor new and existing services to meet their needs. You are excited by the prospect of measuring your success through attainment of sales targets.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned data scientist and solution-seller who can partner across Visa client types. The role will identify common client needs, develop offerings that leverage Visa’s extensive proprietary data sets and, as needed, third-party solutions, and price the solution appropriately. The role will collaborate with a host of internal partners to develop and sell solutions, to include account executives, data sciences, risk management, vendor management, and VCA advisory. This person will articulate the value proposition to clients, customize the offerings as needed to address client feedback, and ultimately close the sale. The team member will be able to flex across various client stakeholders, to include those in digital, data sciences, marketing, CRM, payments, and fraud/risk.
- Uncover client needs, challenges, and opportunities with respect to analytics and insights
- Present solutions to clients that address their needs
- Articulate the value and differentiation of the solution
- Identify the client decision-making stakeholders and processes
- Identify white space challenges and opportunities across client sets
- Develop bespoke and scalable products leveraging Visa assets (e.g., data, data scientists, processes, models, etc.) and, as needed, third-party partner assets
- Identify third-party partners who can complement and supplement solution sets
- Define the value proposition and develop sales collateral
- Develop product pricing strategy, ensure product profitability
- Speak to technical and non-technical aspects of insights and analytics
- Be comfortable working with data scientists across the spectrum of Visa clients, from institutional banking relationships to fintech startups
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive environment for insights solutions
- Leverage that understanding to shape solutions that differentiate Visa
- Demonstrate executive presence in leading conversations with clients
- Communicate across functional stakeholders (for varying levels and technical expertise)
- Incentivize cross-functional teamwork by aligning cross-functional incentives
- Possess strong diplomacy skills and fosters goodwill between different groups
- Coach teams
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.